- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Aldermen
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Asphalt Road Repairs throughout the city limits starting Wednesday 10/16/19 - October 16, 2019
Charlton Paving LLC will be laying asphalt around the city limits to repair some street cuttings,... [more...]
Grass Clippings on City Streets
Just a reminder from the City of Elsberry regarding mowing & grass clippings on city streets...please don't leave grass clippings in the city streets after mowing per our city ordinance 64.030.
It can cause drainage issues during heavy rains and can be dangerous for motorcycles and bicycles. Thank you!
§64.030. SWEEPING LITTER INTO PUBLIC PLACES
No person shall sweep into or deposit in any gutter, street, or other public place within the City the accumulation of litter from any building or lot or from any public or private sidewalk or driveway.
1. Within the meaning of this Section the word "litter" shall include, without excluding other substances, fallen leaves, cut weeds, grass clippings, branches and twigs that may accumulate on any building, lot or premises.