- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Aldermen
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
DECLARATION AND PROCLAMATION OF AN EMERGENCY IN THE CITY OF ELSBERRY, LINCOLN COUNTY, MISSOURI
1. The City of Elsberry, Missouri is threatened with imminent flooding conditions that imperil the lives and property of the people of the City of Elsberry, Missouri to such an extent that an emergency exists.
2. Chapter 77A of the Elsberry City Code authorizes the Mayor to proclaim and declare an emergency to invoke special emergency powers and authority for the duration of the emergency.
3. I, the Mayor of the City of Elsberry, hereby proclaim and declare that a state of emergency now exits within the City of Elsberry, Missouri because of a. Imminent danger of destruction of life or property due to unusual flood conditions. b. Imminent danger of unusual or extreme weather conditions, making use of city streets or areas difficult or impossible.
4. Based on this emergency, I hereby invoke, and shall exercise only to the extent needed to address the emergency, the following powers: a. The power to use employees of the City of Elsberry to assist in the preservation of life, limb, and property b. The power to close streets and sidewalks to the use of the public c. The power to impose emergency curfew regulations. d. The power to close business establishments e. The power to close any municipally owned buildings and other facilities to the use of the general public.
5. I also invoke all laws, statutes, of the State of Missouri, in the County of Lincoln, and the City of Elsberry, Missouri, including RSMo. Chapter 44 for the exercise of all necessary emergency authority for the protection of the lives and property of the people of The City of Elsberry, Missouri and the restoration of local government with a minimum of interruption.
6. All public offices and employees of The City of Elsberry, Missouri are hereby directed to exercise the utmost diligence and in discharge of duties required of them for the duration of the emergency and in the execution of emergency laws, regulations, and directives state and local
7. All citizens are called upon and directed to comply with necessary emergency measures, to cooperate with public officials in the City of Elsberry, Missouri, Emergency Management Agency forces and executing emergency operation plans, and to obey and comply with the lawful directions of properly identified public offices,
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the City of Elsberry, Lincoln County, Missouri to be affixed this 29th day of May, 2019.
Steve Wilch, Mayor of the City of Elsberry
Attest: Sue Hogarth, City Clerk